Sunday, June 15, 2008

Caught red-handed.


All I was doing was checking out what was on the kitchen counter top. I didn't intend to take anything. It was lunch time and the doorbell rang so Homie went to the door. Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle and just as I was about to have a last little sniffle and go to the door to see if there was someone I could jump up on, 9 grain bread. How could I resist?

I sometimes get a slice of bread but never a slice as big as was sitting there right before my nose. It was fresh and warm and the smell danced circles around my nostrils.

You bet I was told off. In no uncertain terms in fact. I guess I, well, stole Homie's lunch. But the rule of the house is, if it's been in MY mouth it's mine to keep. Not a bad rule in my mind and I didn't even make it.

My only problem is, when do I get lucky enough to steal the bread, and butter and cheese all at the same time so that I can have a real feast?

No comments: